Flexible working environment with great benefits
Gamma Scientific, located in San Diego offers the world’s most comprehensive selection of precision light measurement instruments, backed by the industry’s most knowledgeable support team. We have an opening for the following position in our Engineering and Applications department
This position is for an applications engineer to support sales applications development, integration, and testing. It includes the development of applications for Gamma Scientific’s light measurement products.
What we offer –
Gamma Scientific is a fast-paced, transparent working environment. The management team is dedicated to open communication and building good working relationships with all employees. We offer a number of challenging applications to utilize and enhance your skills.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Participate in product development projects and efforts.
- Integrate and test Gamma light measurement systems for Display, Light Analysis, Light and Sourcing Reflectance and other applications.
- Represent Applications and Interface with Engineering in developing new products and custom systems. Work with Engineers on qualification testing of new products.
- Manage, develop, integrate and test custom systems for customers. Travel to install systems and provide training as needed.
- Develop test and measurement processes for product applications.
- Write System Technical Manuals and White Papers.
- Assist sales in customer demos. Provide technical sales support. Interface with customers as needed.
- Other duties as required.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required
- 3-5 year of working experience in a relevant field.
- Strong knowledge of college level Physics, Optics, and Engineering with basic knowledge in the fundamentals of photometry and colorimetry.
- Understanding of general test and measurement processes.
- Working experience with software controlled, electro-optical-mechanical instrumentation.
- Basic ability in reading optical, electrical and mechanical drawings.
- Must understand basic problem solving and process development methodology.
- PC skills in Windows environment including Excel, Word, Visual Basic.
- Clear, concise verbal and written communication skills. Good technical writing ability.
- Must be self-motivated and capable of working with minimum supervision.
- This position requires up to 20% domestic and international travel.
Minimum BS degree in Optical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Physics, or Optics,
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general technical procedures. Ability to write reports and understand procedures and manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers and technicians. Fluency in Chinese language a plus.
Gamma Scientific, located in San Diego, California, has been dedicated to helping organizations reach their light measurement goals for over 50 years. We work with some of the leading manufacturers, universities and government institutions in the world, and also operate a NVLAP accredited testing and calibration laboratory (NVLAP Lab Code 200823-0).
If you are interested in solving complex technical problems we would like to hear from you.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
ga(‘create’, ‘UA-26121118-1’, ‘auto’);