Gamma Scientific offers an extensive range of calibration services in accordance with ANSI/NCSL Z540-I-1994 using our in-house, NIST-calibrated standards. All Gamma Scientific standards are calibrated annually by NIST, ensuring the lowest uncertainty calibrations and measurements available from a non-national standards lab.
The Gamma Scientific laboratory performs ENERGY STAR lighting certification and is NVLAP accredited for Solid State Lighting Luminaires, including LM-79 testing.
Gamma Scientific (NVLAP Lab Code 200823-0), has been awarded accreditation by the National Voluntary Laboratory Accreditation Program under the Energy Efficient Lighting Products Program.
This includes LM-79 accreditation for Solid State Lighting Luminaires – Total Flux Measurements (Luminous Efficacy) and Solid State Lighting Luminaires –Luminous Intensity Measurements.
View the scope of Gamma Scientific’s NVLAP Laboratory Accreditation
Solid-State Lighting (SSL Testing)
- High Resolution Goniometric Measurements
- Total Power Output using our 2 meter sphere
- Spectroradiometric Measurements
- Low Uncertainty (~1%) Photometric Measurements
- Output Efficiency (Lumens/Watt)
- Lumen Depreciation Testing
- Specific Environmental Testing Conditions
Photometric and Radiometric Measurements
- Lux (lumens/m²)
- Footcandles (lumens/ft²)
- Candelas (lumens/steradian)
- Candela/m² (nit)
- Footlamberts (1/pi*candela/ft²)
Spectral Radiometric Measurements (covering 200 nanometers to 2.4 micrometers)
Display Measurements (Flat Panel, LED, Plasma, Projection and CRT)
- Color and chromaticity
- Viewing-angle color and luminance
- ANVIS Radiance (AR) per MIL-STD-3009 and MIL-L-85762A down to 10-12 AR
- Spectral radiometric measurements down to 10-16 watts/cm²/nm
- Spectral transmission measurements available down to 0.0001% transmission
- Spectral specular and diffuse reflection measurements available down to 0.01% reflection
- Extensive filter fit and design capabilities for photometric, radiometric and tristimulus filter designs for CCD, CMOS, and silicon detectors
- Full goniometric classification of lamps and reflectors down to 0.002 degree repeatability
Traffic/Highway Safety Calibration and Measurement
- Gamma’s highway safety products are now sold under the RoadVista name. For information on related measurement services see Photometric Range Calibrations from RoadVista.