This position is for a Manufacturing Engineer/ Mechanical Drafter, will help release new design packages and accompanying documentation. The successful candidate will help transition designs from the engineering team to the production line. This candidate should possess good multi-tasking and documentation skills, as well as be self-driven. They must be able to create schedules and work closely with other engineers and team members to meet deadlines.
Manufacturing Engineer/ Mechanical Drafter
Essential Job Duties:
- Assists with transition of new products from engineering to manufacturing.
- Reviews mechanical, electrical and assembly drawings, and bills of materials for completeness and manufacturability.
- Works with the manufacturing ERP system to enter and correct manufacturing-related data.
- Works with design engineers on development and implementation of assembly and testing processes and methods.
- Perform mechanical design of test and assembly fixtures.
- Assists Document Control department with release and implementation of Engineering Change Orders.
- Develops test and assembly procedures and work-aids.
- Conducts training of manufacturing personnel (technicians, operators).
- Conducts Failure analysis and implements corrective actions.
- Sustains existing manufacturing processes and continuous improvement program.
- Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Assures product and process quality by designing testing methods; testing finished product and process capabilities.
- Prepares product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information.
- Keeps equipment operational by coordinating maintenance and repair services.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications.
Knowledge of product development, manufacturing Quality control, QMS, and ISO 9001
Mechanical Design using Solidworks or similar CAD software, GD&T.
Knowledge of metalworking, machining, fabrication processes, and equipment.
Change order protocols
Hands-on knowledge of mechanical assembly, tools, hardware and assembly techniques.
Prior exposure to assembly processes of electronic equipment.
Familiarity with ESD safe practices in electronic manufacturing.
Knowledge of manufacturing ERP software, process workflows, production planning.
College-level reading and writing skills in English.
Excellent communication and presentation skills.
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Software Suite.
Familiarity with Quality Inspection Tools
Additional / Desired skills:
Hands-on machining experience (lathe, mill, sheet metal).
Familiarity and prior exposure to assembly and testing of Optical, Opto-mechanical and electro-mechanical devices.
Familiarity with troubleshooting of electronic equipment and circuit boards.
Previous Work experience:
Minimum of 2 years work experience in a manufacturing settingMinimum of 2 years work experience in CAD Design using Solidworks or similar software.
Minimum of 2 years work experience in CAD Design using Solidworks or similar software.
An Associates Degree + 4 yrs. experience or a BSME, BSEE or similar Engineering degree from a four-year college program.
Gamma Scientific, located in San Diego, California, has been dedicated to helping organizations reach their light measurement goals for over 50 years. We work with some of the leading manufacturers, universities and government institutions in the world, and also operate a NVLAP accredited testing and calibration laboratory (NVLAP Lab Code 200823-0).
If you are interested in solving complex technical problems we would like to hear from you.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
ga(‘create’, ‘UA-26121118-1’, ‘auto’);