Gamma Scientific, located in San Diego, California, has been dedicated to helping organizations reach their light measurement goals for over 50 years. We work with some of the leading manufacturers, universities and government institutions in the world, and also operate a NVLAP accredited testing and calibration laboratory.
If you are interested in solving complex technical problems we would like to hear from you.
Please email your resume and cover letter to gammacareers (at) gamma-sci.com for consideration.
Gamma Scientific has an open position for an electro-optical engineer to support the documentation, testing, calibration and manufacturing of light measurement instruments. It entails learning laboratory techniques and finishing projects within deadlines. Will learn the use and calibration of photometers, radiometers, spectroradiometers, colorimeters, reflectometers and other photometry equipment. Must be able to travel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Must have excellent technical writing skills and experience
- Interface with engineers on designs and functionality of new and existing products
- Travel to customer locations to install a system or troubleshoot existing system
- Learn processes and techniques quickly and fully
- Ability to create documentation for technicians to follow
- Knowledge of basic light measurement principals and instrumentation
To succeed in this position, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities required.
- High-level knowledge in photometry, radiometry, reflectometry, and colorimetry
- High-level ability in reading optical, electrical and mechanical drawings
- High-level ability in technical writing
- Able to travel / obtain a visa
- Must understand test process and procedures for test development
- PC skills in Windows environment including Excel, Word and NI LabView
- Clear, concise verbal and written communication skills
- Must be self-motivated and capable of working with minimum supervision
- BS degree in Engineering – either Optics, Electro-Optics, Materials, Electrical, Mechanical or other related photometry technical field
Ability to speak and report in fluent English. 2nd and 3rd languages are ideal, especially Mandarin. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general technical procedures. Ability to write reports and understand procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from customers, managers and technicians.