Gamma Scientific, located in San Diego, California, has been dedicated to helping organizations reach their light measurement goals for over 50 years. We work with some of the leading manufacturers, universities and government institutions in the world, and also operate a NVLAP accredited testing and calibration laboratory.
If you are interested in solving complex technical problems and have a passion for Physics, Engineering or Optics we would like to hear from you.
Please email your resume and cover letter to gammacareers (at) gamma-sci.com for consideration.
Senior Sales Manager
The Senior Sales Manager is responsible for direct sales, business development and management of sales staff and sales representatives. This includes working with Engineering, Product Managers, Marketing and Customer Service to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met. The Sales Manager’s job also includes ensuring that product and marketing efforts support the company’s overall strategy and goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Strategically develop and execute an annual sales and marketing plan for growth that aligns with the corporate strategy
- Participate in defining strategy, roadmap and core positioning for products
- Meet or exceed revenue targets by working in partnership directly with customers, Product Line Managers, Sales Representatives and Distributors to ensure success
- Train and mentor sales team. Set sales goals, define roles and territories. Establish training programs for sales team and distributors/reps. Build an effective and efficient sales team. Assist sales team in direct sales efforts
- Provide day to day pre-sales technical assistance to customers and Gamma Scientific’s distribution channel through activities including but not limited to, sales calls, training, technical presentations, tradeshows and proposal development
- Work closely with Service and Engineering and act as a liaison for customer requests and issues in pre-sales and post-sales activity
- Work closely with customers to understand demand and their current and evolving needs to develop key OEM accounts
- Continuously build technical knowledge and understanding of products in order to articulate our competitive advantage and value proposition to targeted accounts
- Apply technical expertise, knowledge of market trends, competition and Gamma Scientific’s product capabilities to help identify potential new product opportunities
- Deliver a monthly bookings forecast and performance report. Establishes and monitors performance metrics; takes appropriate, timely corrective action to achieve operating plan and company objectives
- Travel as needed to support sales efforts and to develop key accounts
- Continuously improve department processes to ensure high productivity and efficiency
- Works with marketing to ensure all sales staff are knowledgeable and trained on new products and product updates
- Assists in the development of sales and marketing plan, specifically advising on: realistic forecasts for each product territory, costs of operating sales force and sales promotion plans
- Develops and recommends product positioning, packaging and pricing strategy to produce the highest possible long-term market share
- Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity
To succeed in this position, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities required.
- Minimum five years’ experience in sales management. 10+ years of direct sales and business development experience with progressively higher levels of responsibility preferred
- Proven track record in growing sales of technical products
- Must have proven experience forecasting and achieving quarterly revenue goals
- Advanced understanding of sales/marketing techniques for technology products
- Self-directed, motivated and results driven
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Excellent customer service skills
- The ideal candidate will possess a four-year college degree related to Physics or Engineering. MBA a plus