The Gamma Scientific RadOMA-DMS series of display measurement spectroradiometers represent the state-of-the-art in speed and accuracy in a commercially available instrument.
As the flat-panel display industry grows, there is an ever increasing demand for high-resolution, true to life images. To achieve this, displays must have darker blacks to get that true feel. The RadOMA-DMS offers the highest dynamic range in an array-type spectroradiometer available, now achieving 1,000,000:1 contrast measurements for a single measurement aperture, as well as extremely good sensitivity, with luminance measurements down to 0.0005 cd/m2. For even greater sensitivity, please see our RadOMA-NVIS spectroradiometer which achieves luminance measurements down to 0.00015 cd/m2.
Spectral measurements of displays can be repeatedly taken in milliseconds with ultra-low uncertainty. In addition, any application that demands high sensitivity in the blue-light region, for example LED backlit displays, will benefit from this system’s back-thinned CCD technology – its sensitivity is at least two times greater than front-illuminated CCD-based systems.
Continuing on the RadOMA platform family – a durable opto-electrical design proven in hundreds of facilities world-wide – the RadOMA-DMS shares the same feature-rich functionality as its siblings. This includes three models covering a wide spectral range from visible to the near infrared; interchangeable system components for easy customization and integration; automatic dynamic range optimization that ensures system electrical gains are always set for the best results; USB 2.0 interface; and Gamma Scientific’s powerful Light Touch spectral data acquisition and analysis software package, available in both engineering/R&D and QC/production line versions.
Display Measurement Resources
- Gamma Scientific RadOMA Display Spectroradiometer Data Sheet PDF
- Display Test and Measurement Applications
- What You Need to Know About Display Calibration
- Key Concepts in Display and Monitor Calibration
- What is Colorimetry?
Display Spectroradiometer Features
- 1,000,000:1 contrast ratio measurements
- Measurements down to 0.0005 cd/m²
- Chromaticity measurements to 0.0015 uncertainty in CIE 1931 x,y
- 8 millisecond minimum measurement time
- Up to 0.4 nm resolution
- Spectral ranges: 310-930 nm, 350-1100 nm, and 380-800 nm
- 1 meter Premium Fiber-Optic Cable
- Through-lens viewing: 6 different measurement apertures (5°, 2°, 1°, 30′, 20′, 6′)
- Optional AVS Cam viewing system with CCD camera.
- USB interface
- Windows-based control/analysis software
- NIST-traceable accuracy
- Self-calibrate (System never has to be returned for calibration)
- Seven Factors Affecting Spectroradiometer Accuracy and Performance
- Gamma Scientific RadOMA Spectroradiometer Overview
- LED Testing Spectroradiometer
- RadOMA Lite LED Spectrometer
- RadOMA NVIS Spectroradiometer for Night Vision Testing
- Bi-Spectral Fluorescence Spectroradiometer for LED Phosphor Testing
- Gamma Scientific Goniospectroradiometer for Display Measurement