SpectralLED Tunable LED Light Source
The SpectralLED™ Tunable LED Light Source provides unprecedented resolution and accuracy for camera and image sensor calibration.
Designed completely from the ground up, this light source builds upon over fifteen years of experience manufacturing LED based light sources.
Incorporating some of the newest and brightest surface-mount LEDs available, the SpectralLED™ delivers a nearly continuous spectrum comprised of 32 discrete wavelength LEDs. This allows for an unprecedented color gamut and applications otherwise impossible for traditional halogen or LED light sources.
SpectralLED™ light sources simplify the calibration process by allowing you to quickly simulate and change between a huge variety of traditional light sources. Select a preset CIE Illuminant or Macbeth™ / X-RITE™ color patch, or import your own spectrum and let the internal RMS spectral fitting find the best match instantly.
- Camera and Image Sensor Calibration (CCD, CMOS, etc.)
- Ambient Light Sensor Calibration
- Detector Responsivity
- OEM Camera Manufacturing
- Spectrum/Illuminant Simulation
- Diagnostic Medical Imaging
- Technical and Industrial Photography
- Unprecedented Resolution and Accuracy – 32 Discrete LED Wavelengths Covering the Visible and NIR
- Powerful Synthesis Engine – Quickly Simulate any CIE Illuminant or Macbeth™ / X-RITE™ Color Patch
- Flexible Interface – Built-in RMS Spectral Fitting for Simulation of Any User Imported Spectra
- Uniform 75mm Radiance Output Port or Optional Baffle Tube for Irradiance
- Easily Adaptable – for Automated Test Systems and Production Line Integration
- Pure DC Constant Current Drivers and Built-in Optical Feedback Photodiode System – Ensure Accurate Output in Real Time
- On-board Thermal Electric Cooler and Feedback – for LED Temperature Control
- ISO/IEC 17025 NVLAP Calibration Laboratory (Lab Code 200823-0) – Ensures Superior Wavelength and Color Accuracy
Unprecedented Resolution and Accuracy for Camera and Image Sensor Calibration
Light sources are only as accurate as the calibration. As a world leader in high performance spectroradiometers, and with an in-house ISO/IEC 17025 NVLAP Accredited Calibration Laboratory (Lab Code 200823-0), you can trust the NIST calibration that comes programmed into every SpectralLED™ source.
Replace multiple instruments with a single device. With a fully spectrally tunable output spectrum, all you need is one SpectralLED™ to generate any arbitrary spectral power distribution. Whether it be blackbody, daylight, fluorescent, LED, or something completely unique, the SpectralLED™ can give you an accurate match.
Replace monochromators with a solid stage design. By sweeping through individual LED channels, the SpectralLED™ can emulate a traditional monochromator light source. With no moving parts and no halogen input illumination, the solid state SpectralLED™ is the clear choice for demanding applications.
Unlimited possibilities for limitless spectra. With independent 16-bit control on 35 LED channels, there are virtually infinite possibilities for what the SpectralLED™ can do for you. Compared with other “next-gen” LED light sources, the SpectralLED™ offers more channels, brighter output, higher accuracy, and more powerful features for simulation. No external software is required, the SpectralLED™ firmware controls RMS fitting, calibration storage, and presets. Direct integrating into production lines or test systems is easy with universally compatible USB and RS-232 interfaces.
Gamma Scientific SpectralLED™ light sources feature a proprietary electrical design for superior accuracy and reliability. The completely redesigned drive electronics provide a pure DC constant current LED drive with floating differential sensing. This means there is no flicker and no uncertainty in the drive current. Couple that with built-in optical feedback, and the SpectralLED™ is able to accurately control optical output power to within a fraction of a percent. On-board thermal control maintains the LED substrate temperature to ensure spectrum is stable even at high drive currents.
SpectralLED™ Illuminant A (Blackbody) Simulation using RMS Spectrum Fitting. Target (Blue) Output (Red)
SpectralLED™ Illuminant D65 (Daylight 6500K) Simulation using RMS Spectrum Fitting. Target (Blue) Output (Red)
- White Balance
- Quantum Efficiency
- Spatial Non-Uniformity
- Pixel Defects
- Cross Talk
- Vignetting Correction
- ISO Speed
- Saturation Exposure
- Dynamic Range