TRAMP Transimpedance Amplifier
The UDT Tramp is a transimpedance amplifier (current-to-voltage) instrument which provides a low input impedance to accurately measure the short circuit current of phototransducers such as silicon and germanium photodetectors, vacuum photodiodes and photomultiplier tubes.
This model provides multiple gain selection and utilizes a common BNC connector for input and output connections for user convenience. A voltmeter, oscilloscope, chart recorder or any other voltage sensitive instrument may be used to monitor the amplifier output.
- Very low noise
- Eight decades of gain ranging between 103 and 1010
- Remote computer control using data acquisition interface (digital input/output, analog output)
- Integral NiCad battery pack with normal and trickle charge modes
- Line powered operation using transformer supplied
- Output scaling to interface to chart recorders and other equipment
- Optimal measurement range indicator
The TRAMP transimpedance amplifier has been specifically designed as a low cost, lab quality instrument to interface silicon photodiodes to a variety of measurement equipment.
- Laboratory research
- OEM manufacturers
- Automatic test equipment
- Laser pulse measurement
- Detector interface: any type of photo current producing detector in the photovoltaic mode (silicon, germanium, GaAsP, InGaAs)
Illumina TRAMP Photometer for IIHS Headlight Testing
The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) is an independent, nonprofit scientific and educational organization dedicated to reducing the losses – deaths, injuries and property damage – from crashes on the nation’s roads. In 2016, IIHS established the first-ever headlight rating to focus on the issue that most vehicles can’t be purchased with anything other than poor-rated headlights. To evaluate headlights, IIHS drives cars on set patterns on their test track after dark while special equipment measures the light ratings.
Gamma Scientific UDTi Illumina Tramp (#U68401) photometric sensor has been specified by the IIHS Headlight Test and Rating Protocol (Version ll; Nov 2016) for collecting illuminance data for determining headlight ratings and is the same instrument used in the IIHS facility.
- Compact laboratory grade photometer with internal silicon photodiodes to measure Headlight Illuminance
- Provides a very close match to the spectral response of the human eye (f1′)
- Designed specifically for IIHS Headlight Testing
- Designed to test Pulse Width Modulated adaptive headlamps
- Meets the flicker fusion threshold (frequency at which an intermittent light stimulus appears steady to the average human observer).
- Easy interface with IIHS data acquisition systems
- Records at 3 gain ranges simultaneously, preventing data loss
- Repeatable cosine response
- NIST traceable calibration
The Illumina TRAMP photometric sensor can be purchased by itself or integrated into a complete data acquisition.