Thin Film Measurements
The Gamma Scientific laboratory uses multiple-angle reflectometry and other spectroscopic methods to measure film properties. Film thickness can be measured for single or multi-layer films. Refractive index (n) can be measured for films and substrates. Application areas include glass coatings, photovoltaic coatings, protective coatings, semiconductors, and more.
Application specific details about feasibility and accuracy will be included in the quote.
- Thicknesses can commonly be measured for up to 10 layers or more.
- Measurable layers range between 0.1nm to 50nm for metals, and 10nm to 5μm for other materials./li>
- Accuracy is typically ±1% both for thickness and for refractive index.
- If transparent, substrates should ideally be 0.5mm or thicker.
- A wide variety of materials are measureable, using our extensive material library and advanced modeling.