- 3+ years of experience as Material Handler in a manufacturing environment.
- Able to identify parts by blue prints and description.
- Knowledge of ESD safety standards, and experience working with ESD sensitive products.
- Working knowledge of part number systems, Bill of Materials, inventory accounting, cycle counting, and inventory best practices.
- Exceptional attention to detail, and maintain high level of accuracy.
- Ability to multitask and work effectively in a dynamic work environment.
- Previous experience with ERP systems required.
- Strong computer skills, and working knowledge of MS Office: Excel and Outlook.
- Associates degree
- 5+ years of Material Handling experience, including shipping & receiving, inventory control experience.
- Lean manufacturing, ASCM, or CI training/certification
- Forklift certification and experience
- Experience working in an ISO regulated environment
- Highschool Diploma or equivalent
- Associates degree preferred
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for maintaining Inventory accuracy.
- Responsible for performing and monitoring all inventory transactions in the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system.
- Handling of precision optics, includes repackaging for preservation.
- Handling of Elector Static Discharge (ESD) sensitive electrics including circuit boards, components, and LEDs and repackaging for preservation
- Pick and kit work orders for assembly and effectively communicate with Purchasing and Production to identify material shortages.
- Fulfill material requests using the email ticket system.
- Provide status updates on materials to management as requested.
- Assign serial numbers to top level finished goods, and maintain serial number log.
- Receive incoming material into inventory and distribute appropriately.
- Create part labels and label all incoming material according to stockroom protocol.
- Transact completed assemblies into finished goods. Allocate finished goods to Sales Orders. Send out email notifications for staged Sales Orders.
- Transact finished sub-assemblies and distribute appropriately to work orders or to stock.
- Interface with and provide material support to various departments including Production, Engineering, Laboratory, Sales & Marketing, Customer service, and Purchasing, and ensure that department and company goals are met.
- Generate Non-Conforming Material Reports (NCMR) for damaged or defective parts. Send email notification to the team to ensure timely resolution and recovery.
- Manage and maintain stockroom. Keep stockroom organized and clean. Track and maintain stockroom supplies.
- Maintain external location for excess or obsolete inventory.
- Conduct periodic cycle counts, quarter-end and year-end physical counts to verify inventory accuracy.
- Investigate and resolve inventory discrepancies, and provide discrepancy information to management.
- Provide cross functional support to Shipping and Receiving as needed.