This position is for an Optional Scientist to design optical experiments to develop new product. The incumbent will perform layout and build laboratory setup for various optical measurements. The incumbent will use a variety of opto-mechanical components; including micrometer stages, lenses, optical mounts, optical rails, cameras, irises/apertures, fibers, polarizers, lasers, optical breadboards etc.
- Two years of experience as optical scientist, systems engineer, or software engineer
- Experience in design and implement of fiber optic network for telecommunication system; configuring hardware and software for data collection; using TCP/IP, Python, and MATLAB.
Master’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or Bioengineering
- Design optical experiments to develop new product.
- Perform layout and build laboratory setup for various optical measurements.
- Use a variety of opto-mechanical components; including micrometer stages, lenses, optical mounts, optical rails, cameras, irises/apertures, fibers, polarizers, lasers, optical breadboards etc.
- Design near eye display telescope in SolidWorks and implement it. Perform Optical simulation on ZEMAX software to check the performance of the designed system.
- Configure hardware and software with relevant parameters for data collection from the system.
- Design, code, and run software scripts in MATLAB, Python, LabVIEW, C, C++, C# and assembly language.
- Maintain communication among different components of the system using TCP/IP protocol.
- Process complex datasets in MATLAB or Excel, and provide intelligent analysis and analytical breakdown.
- Perform image processing algorithm on collected images from the designed telescope and find the optical signature from it.
- Perform troubleshooting and debugging complex optical systems based on dataset or other indicators.
- Design PCB (printed circuit board) and load firmware on it. Integrate LED, stepper motor etc. with PCB board to perform various tasks.
- Provide reliable solutions to a variety of problems using sound problem-solving techniques.
- Estimate level of effort, evaluate new options of similar technology, offer suggestions to improve processes, and provide comments on some electrical design aspects.
- Work collaboratively and professionally with other associates in cross functional teams to achieve goals.