This position is for a Optical Systems Engineer engineer to support optical systems development, integration and testing. It includes development of products systems and applications for various Gamma Scientific light measurement products.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required
- 5 years of working experience in a relevant field.
- Strong knowledge of college level Physics, Optics, Engineering with knowledge in the fundamentals of photometry and colorimetry.
- Working knowledge of Matlab and Python programming.
- 3-5 years of experience with optics and opto-mechanical. Working knowledge of optics design software such as Tracepro or Zeemax a plus.
- Understanding of general test and measurement processes.
- Working experience with software controlled, electro-optical-mechanical instrumentation.
- Must understand basic problem solving and process development methodology.
- PC skills in Windows environment including Excel, Word, Visual Basic.
- Clear, concise verbal and written communication skills. Good technical writing ability.
- Must be self-motivated and capable of working with minimum supervision.
- This position may require up to 20% domestic and international travel.
- Working knowledge of machining equipment such as Mills, Lathes and basic power and hand tools.
Minimum BS degree in Physics, Optics, or Engineering.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general technical procedures. Ability to write reports and understand procedures and manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers and technicians.
include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Participate in product development projects and efforts.
- Design, Integrate and Test light measurement products and systems for Display, LED, Solid State lighting, Reflectance and other applications.
- Work with the Engineering team in developing new products and custom systems. Work with other Engineers on qualification testing of new products. Manage, develop, integrate and test custom systems for customers. Travel to install systems and provide training as needed.
- Lead projects and project teams to develop complex light measurement systems and to develop applications.
- Ongoing support of existing products.
- Develop test and measurement processes for product applications.
- Write System Technical Manuals and White Papers.
- Assist sales in customer demos. Provide technical sales support. Interface with customers as needed.
- Other duties as required.