Gamma Scientific, located in San Diego, offers the world’s most comprehensive selection of precision light measurement instruments, backed by the industry’s most knowledgeable support team. Our instruments are used in industries including: Image Sensor and Cameras, Flat Panel Displays, LEDs, Lighting, Laser, and Military displays. We have and opening for the following position in our Sales and Marketing division.
This position is for a Product Sales and Marketing Manager for Gamma Scientific’s Digital Tunable Light Source product line. This position would report directly to the VP of Sales & Marketing and would be responsible for all sales and marketing related activities for the business.
The Product Manager is the “owner” of all aspects of Sales and Marketing related to this product line, with the responsibility of enabling aggressive sales growth. This is a customer-facing role where you build relationships with customers, executives and technical leaders in customer and partner companies. This is a highly visible position with a rare opportunity to drive growth in an exciting line of new products from an early phase.
This position requires a ‘hand’s on’ individual with the ability to prioritize multiple projects, work in a team and as an individual, and be self driven and self sufficient. Excellent organizational and effective communication skills are essential.
- Knowledge and experience in image sensor testing and calibration with light sources, camera testing and calibration methodologies.
- Knowledge of bioluminescence and fluorescence science and market
- Bachelor's degree in Physics or Engineering preferred.
- >5 years of Product Sales & Marketing experience.
- >5 years of Program Manager experience
- Proven track record in increasing sales through Marketing and Product positioning, and direct customer contacts.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Domestic and international travel.
- Experience with Advertising, internet marketing, product launches a plus.
- Understand Gamma Scientific’s Tunable Light Source Technology
- Seek out potential customers and partner companies for this technology
- Develop product positioning, competitive analysis and detailed marketing plans to successfully introduce products and applications to the marketplace
- Seek out new applications and markets.
- Manage the company website for this product line, including providing guidance and content for the product webpages. Manage Google Search. Manage Social Media.
- Assist Marketing in composing and creating sales and marketing materials including brochures, web pages, marketing emails. Develop sales training aids, sales tools, advertising and promotional ideas.
- Help manage and prepare for trade shows, including traveling to tradeshows/conferences. Present product and applications related seminars at conferences and online. Provide sales training to all Gamma Sales and Reps.
- Support Inside Sales and preform direct sales as required.
- Global role with Domestic and International Travel