Gamma Scientific, located in San Diego offers the world’s most comprehensive selection of precision light measurement instruments, backed by the industry’s most knowledgeable support team. We have an opening for the following position in our Sales department.
This position is for a Sales Associate for the Test & Calibration segment of the company and would report directly to the VP of Sales & Marketing. The Sales Associate would be the primary liaison between existing customers and the company, bringing in new sales and supporting business development for the test & calibration segment.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Optics, Physics strongly preferred
- 2-4 years relevant experience working with engineering, optics, physics, photonics, or metrology highly desired
- Proven sales experience
- Strong phone presence and cold-calling experience
- Experience working with Zoho or similar CRM
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong listening and presentation skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Ability to change tasks quickly, prioritize, and manage time effectively
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Gather, sort, and report previous sales history data
- Source new sales opportunities through inbound lead follow-up and outbound cold calls and emails
- Understand customer needs and requirements
- Close sales and achieve sales goals as directed
- Maintain and follow up with database of prospects