Gamma Scientific is excited to fill the position of Senior Software Engineer. We are looking for a true, passionate software engineer to join our software development team. This role will participate in the entire software development cycle of data acquisition and control systems for laboratory and factory automation applications. The ideal candidate will have experience with hardware integration and serial interfaces.
About You –
You have a strong sense of ownership, and are dedicated to developing software that is manageable, sustainable, and thoughtfully designed. You are self-directed and independent, but are capable of working within a team to ensure on-time delivery of quality products. You have the capacity to multi-task and develop entirely new software products as well as maintain existing code base.
About Us –
Gamma Scientific is a fast-paced company that offers opportunities to forge software design and development of science-based applications. At Gamma Scientific we have over 50 years of expertise in building high-performance light measurement systems, and are trusted by the world’s leading organizations to provide accurate results. Gamma Scientific continues to be a technology pioneer, setting pace with such innovations as computer-controlled light measurement systems, radiometers without controls and tri-color photomultiplier/detector assemblies. We are looking for a talented software engineer to join our team and continue to bring the light metrology industry cutting-edge technology. We offer a number of challenging applications to utilize and grow your skills as well as excellent benefits with a 401(k) matching plan, a great location, and freedom to develop and design software.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, or other related field, or equivalent work experience
- 8+ years software engineering experience with a solid understanding of software development and coding
- A deep understanding of software engineering practices, objectoriented analysis and design, with a strong understanding of common software performance issues and tradeoffs
- Proficiency in one or more objectoriented programming languages (C#, C++, Java)
- Hardware integration and serial interface experience
- Strong proficiency in .NET Windows environment
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Experience in algorithm development
- Proficiency with multiple operating systems (Windows, Linux, MacOS)
- Integrate software with existing systems, send and receive commands with various hardware/software interfaces
- Ability to architect, design, develop and implement software
- An ability and desire to understand a new problem space, learn any new skills or information required, and craft flexible and efficient solutions
- Lead software development projects
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Management of software projects is a plus
- Knowledge and understanding of WPF is a plus
- Experience with a version control system is a plus
- Knowledge of light metrology is a plus