- Minimum of 1 year of International shipping experience required, including preparation of export/import documents
- 2 years of shipping and receiving experience
- Knowledge of export/import documentation and regulations
- Experience using FedEx and UPS shipping managers to ship both Domestic & International
- Experience with packaging and shipping electronic, electro-optical and electro-mechanical systems and instruments.
- Strong attention to detail. Ability to multitask and work effectively in a dynamic work environment.
- Overtime may be required to meet critical deadlines, with additional (optional) overtime during high volume days
- Previous experience with ERP systems
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs. regularly, and occasionally up to 50 lbs.
- Forklift certification and experience required
- High School Diploma
- Valid CA driver’s license
- 2+ years of International Shipping experience
- Apics (ASCM), Lean Six Sigma, CI, or other lean manufacturing training/experience
- Microsoft Office experience, advanced Microsoft Excel skills highly preferred
- Associates Degree
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Include but are not limited to the following:
- Open, unpack, and visually inspect/examine incoming shipments, reject damaged items, records shortages, and corresponds with the materials, quality, and purchasing teams to reconcile discrepancies.
- Receive incoming materials int the ERP system, label all materials, and turn materials over to the stockroom for distribution. Items include parts for production/stockroom, service repair items, engineering products, company items, and other items
- Record and log incoming RMA packages, and communicate status with Customer Service. Keep and organize customer RMA packaging materials for return shipment.
- Scan & file closed packing slips and related documents as electronic data for record keeping. Link scanned documents in the ERP system for accurate record keeping and document lookup.
- Log and manage incoming chemical data including Safety Data Sheets, shelf life, lot numbers, and required safety labeling
- Operate forklift to load and unload trucks, and use hand operated pallet truck to move shipments from shipping & receiving platform to storage and work areas.
- Pickup or delivery of packages/parts locally when required
- Ship items primarily using Fed-Ex Ship Manager and UPS WorldShip systems for domestic and international shipments, which includes the generation of all regulatory documents. i.e. Bill of Lading, Shippers Export Declaration, Commercial Invoice, Shippers Letter of Instruction, and others as required. Ship product by other freight carriers as required.
- Assembly of prefabricated wooden crates for outbound freight, and assemble cardboard and wooden containers, or select preassembled containers when appropriate.
- Pack delicate equipment using Gamma’s foam-in-place “InstaPak” system or other appropriate packaging method. Ship delicate light sensing and measurement equipment, ensuring safe transport by preventing damages that can occur from static electricity, moisture, force shock, and extreme temperature.
- Verifies and keeps records on incoming and outgoing shipments and prepares items for shipment: Compares identifying information and counts, weighs, and measures on incoming and outgoing shipments to verify information against packing lists, bills of lading, invoices, purchase orders, or other records.
- Ensures the accuracy of all outbound shipments. Responsible for communicating with carriers regarding any delays or issues with in-transit shipments.
- Determines method of shipment, utilizing knowledge of shipping procedures, routes, and rates. Acquire and provide freight quotes when requested, to assist with budgetary proposals, order generation, and Marketing shipments.
- Assist Marketing with tradeshow shipments, including international freight shipments that require CARNET documentation. Assist with packing and shipping of tradeshow materials.
- Responsible for maintaining inventory of shipping supplies, and placing purchasing requisitions for additional supplies as necessary. Work with local packaging companies to generate custom packaging, including custom foam for cases, foam for boxes, and custom crates.
- Manage and maintain shipping & receiving area and equipment. Keep the area clean and organized, and follow 5S protocols.
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities, and participate with implementation.