Gamma Scientific, located in San Diego offers the world’s most comprehensive selection of precision light measurement instruments, backed by the industry’s most knowledgeable support team. We have an opening for the following position in our Engineering and Applications department. This position is for a systems engineer to support systems development, integration and testing. It includes development of systems and applications for Gamma Scientific’s light measurement products
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required
- 2-5 years of working experience in a relevant field.
- Strong knowledge of college level Physics, Optics, Engineering with basic knowledge in the fundamentals of photometry and colorimetry.
- Understanding of general test and measurement processes.
- Working experience with software controlled, electro-optical-mechanical instrumentation.
- Basic ability in reading optical, electrical and mechanical drawings.
- Must understand basic problem solving and process development methodology.
- PC skills in Windows environment including Excel, Word, Visual Basic.
- Clear, concise verbal and written communication skills. Good technical writing ability.
- Must be self-motivated and capable of working with minimum supervision.
- This position may require 10 % to 20% domestic and international travel.
Minimum BS degree in Physics, Optics, or Engineering.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general technical procedures. Ability to write reports and understand procedures and manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers and technicians. Fluency in Chinese language a plus.
- Participate in product development projects and efforts.
- Integrate and test Gamma light measurement systems for Gamma Scientific product lines such as the AR/VR Display Tester and the Reflectance product line.
- Represent Applications and Interface with Engineering in developing new products and custom systems. Work with Engineers on qualification testing of new products.
- Manage, develop, integrate and test custom systems for customers. Travel to install systems and provide training as needed.
- Develop test and measurement processes for product applications. Be the applications expert for specific light measurement applications.
- Write System Technical Manuals and White Papers. Develop sales training presentation and customer product presentation.
- Assist sales in customer demos. Provide technical sales support. Interface with customers as needed.
- Other duties as required.