Gamma Scientific, located in San Diego, offers the world’s most comprehensive selection of precision light measurement instruments, backed by the industry’s most knowledgeable support team. Our instruments are used in industries including Image Sensor and Cameras, Flat Panel Displays, LEDs, Lighting, Laser, and Military displays. We have and opening for the following position in our Sale and Marketing division.
This position is for a Technical Product Manager for Gamma Scientific’s Digital Tunable Light Source product line. This position would report directly to the VP of Sales & Marketing and would be responsible for all applications, sales and marketing related activities for the business.
The Product Manager is the “owner” of all aspects of Product Applications and Applications development, and Sales and Marketing related to this product line, with the responsibility of enabling aggressive sales growth. This is a customer-facing role where you build relationships with customers, executives and technical leaders in customer and partner companies. This is a highly visible position with a rare opportunity to drive growth in an exciting line of new products from an early phase.
This position also requires a ‘hands on’ individual with the ability to understand Gamma Scientific technology, customer’s technical requirements, develop new applications for the product line, help guide future product development. The position requires the ability to prioritize multiple projects, work in a team and as an individual, and be self driven and self sufficient. Excellent technical, organizational and effective communication skills are essential.
- Knowledge and experience of image sensor testing and calibration, calibrated light sources, and camera characterization methodologies.
- Strong understanding of Color Science and Light Measurement.
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in Physics or Engineering required.
- >5 years of Product Sales & Marketing experience.
- Effective public speaking and presentation ability. Proficient Power Point and presentation video skills.
- Proven track record in Managing products and developing new applications and markets, increasing Product Line sales.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Domestic and international travel.
- Experience with Advertising, internet marketing, product launches a plus.
- Understand Gamma Scientific’s Tunable Light Source Technology and all its applications.
- Seek out potential OEM customers and partner companies for this technology.
- Develop product positioning, competitive analysis and detailed marketing plans to successfully introduce products and applications to the marketplace.
- Seek out and develop new applications and markets.
- Manage the company website for this product line, including providing guidance and content for the product webpages. Manage Google Search. Manage Social Media.
- Assist Marketing in composing and creating sales and marketing materials including brochures, web pages, marketing emails, product webinars. Develop sales training aids, sales tools, advertising and promotional ideas.
- Help manage and prepare for trade shows, including traveling to tradeshows/conferences. Present product and applications related seminars at conferences and online. Provide sales training to all Gamma Sales and Reps.
- Support Sales as the Technical Product Manager.
- Perform product demonstrations as needed.
- Global role with Domestic and International Travel.
- Assemble, build, calibrate and test Digital light source products as needed.
- Provide technical customer support as needed.
- Manage a Sales funnel and provide projections for production planning.